I chanced upon a Youtube video today which shows an American man, Jimmy Sieczka, going around Cebu talking about the twenty (20) reasons why he dislikes the Philippines. He is currently a mentor at the International Academy of Film and Television in Cebu, Philippines after several years as a production sound mixer.
In his video, he goes around Cebu talking about the things that pisses him off (he has lived 3.5 years of his life in the country):
1. Seeing manholes with a giant drum to cover it.
2. Being sold “sialis” – a drug that increases the lack of erection.
3. Refrigeration and sanitation (referring to street food).
4. Terrorists (MILF).
5. Unfinished construction sites that pose danger to people and property around.
6. The whole array of skin whitening products.
7. Traffic and pollution.
8. Purchasing a gum and getting it wrapped in plastic and receipt.
9-20 Watch the whole video to check out the rest of his list: Click HERE for the SOURCE
NOTE: The video was removed from YouTube already due to copyright claims by ChannelFix. Click this LINK to view the video.
I would agree to his list really. I am sure this will result to different opinions and more often than not a Filipino that is full of pride will be greatly affected and will react. I am not mad nor raging in disbelief how an arrogant foreigner can be this honest. He clearly showed the cold, hard truth. I have observed what he had observed. He may be arrogant, but clearly he is not a liar (at least in this video).
I hope this video serves as a wake-up call to every Filipino.
Please feel free to comment…