Have you ever put too much thought when you shower on how you can properly wash your hair? I personally don’t even think about it except for the fact that I need to use different brands or else if I stick to just one brand, I risk getting flakes. Not pretty at all! Right now, I have Pantene, The Body Shop, Sunsilk, and Head & Shoulders in the shower room. Are there really any rules on how to wash your mane, how often to use shampoo and conditioner, how hot or cold the water should be among other things?
1. Comb your hair before washing. -Hair is in its weakest when it is wet so it is best to detangle before heading under the shower. This way you decrease the risk of falling hair, breakage and the like. The last thing you want to do is to see clumps of hair in your shower drainage.
2. Wash your hair as needed. -It is best to check if your hair needs to be washed on a daily basis or not. Washing is done so gunks, residue and product build-up as well as sweat can be removed from your head/scalp/hair. If your hair smells nice and oil hasn’t accumulated yet, it is perfectly okay to not wash it. This will ensure that you natural oils will not be stripped. If I stay home on weekends, I usually only wash my hair once. I wash my hair almost everyday if I have to go to work though.
3. Wash your hair with cold water. -Cold water is known to increase shine. You have to be extra patient though as cold water tends to make it a little difficult to wash away shampoo and conditioner.
4. Find your match. -Always ensure that you use products that are made for your hair type and specific hair need.
5. Treat your hair. -At least once a month, have hair treatment such as hot oil and the like. This is the least you can do to your crowning glory.
I decided to write about this because I am in a dilemma right now if I should cut my hair or not. I have grown my hair too long already and I feel that it is high time to try a new hairstyle but I could not convince myself 100%. What to do?